Desirae Jeannotte Notary Public

Notarial services


Types of Documents that require notarization by the Notary Public:

  • Travel Consent Letters

  • Certified True Copies (Wills, Birth Certificates, Foreign Documents, Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate, School Transcripts, etc.)

  • ICBC Loss Forms

  • Real Estate documents from other cities and provinces

  • Affidavits and Statutory Declarations

  • Oil and Gas Leases

  • Letters of Invitation for Foreign Visitors



The Canadian government strongly recommends that children carry a consent letter if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent/guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group. For the purposes of this consent letter, a child is defined as anyone who is under the age of majority (19 years old in British Columbia).

A consent letter is not a legal requirement in Canada, but it can simplify travel for children, as it may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials when re-entering Canada. The letter demonstrates that children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them.

A sample consent letter is available on travel section on the Government of Canada website.

You can download the pdf document and fill out prior to your appointment. The parent(s) who is consenting to the travel will need to sign the document in front of the Notary Public.

Notary Seal.jpg


An affidavit is a written or printed statement of fact, made voluntarily, and confirmed by the oath or affirmation of the party making it. Therefore, an affidavit is typically taken before a notary or lawyer to administer oaths or affirmations. A statutory declaration is a document that formalizes matters to be made known publicly. It is a solemn statement made by plaintiff or witnesses instead of the oath, but equally binding.

If you need a Affidavit or Statutory Declaration notarized, bring in the document and two pieces of government ID.



If you are purchasing or selling a property and are not able to travel back to your town to sign with your Notary Public or Lawyer, we are available to notarize the documents with you.

Contact our office to schedule the appointment, and notify your Notary Public or Lawyer that we will attend to the notarization.

Your Notary Public or Lawyer can send the documents directly to our office via email to or fax to 1-250-787-1164